Do you want to improve your bioprocess for Host Cell Protein content?
We identify Host Cell Proteins (HCPs) in your process samples using a SWATH LC-MS analysis workflow. The analysis provides both identity and quantity of each individual HCP, in addition to the total HCP content (ng HCP/mg drug substance). Therefore, the results can help optimization of down-stream protein purification to remove process related impurities.
You can use the analysis to:
- Evaluate the clearance of HCPs between purification steps to optimize purification parameters.
- Compare HCP profiles for tech-transfer batches between CMOs.
- Monitor HCP content during process changes and upscale.
Our method is based on intensive development work in collaboration with many of our biopharma clients, MS instrument vendors, and also leading protein research groups. As a result, we offer an optimized workflow providing reproducible HCP identification and quantification.
The analysis includes:
- A generic sample preparation protocol for process samples in different matrices.
- LC-MS analysis in a robust microflow HPLC coupled online to the Sciex TrippleTOF 6600 mass spectrometer.
- SWATH LC-MS reproducible identification and quantification of HCPs. What is SWATH? >>
- Finally, we send you a report with a list of HCPs and their physiochemical properties (MW, pI, AA sequence, database accession number) for each process sample.
Send us a description of your project and we will be glad to discuss Host Cell Protein analysis with you.