Do you know the HCPs covered by your ELISA?
If you need to evaluate the antibodies of a generic or process specific HCP ELISA assay we can help you through our MS-based coverage analysis method.
In this analysis, the host cell proteins in a mock lysate or an early process sample are first immunocaptured using ELISA antibodies and then identified by LC-MS/MS.
As a result, you get a list of the HCPs recognized by the ELISA antibodies.
You can use the analysis for:
- Evaluation and comparison of ELISA reagents. You can thus use it to select the most suitable for your product and process.
- Fit-for-purpose validation of generic commercial ELISA kit and also process specific ELISA.
- Regulatory documentation.
This is a better alternative analysis to spot counting in 2D PAGE gel and western blot, because it provides a much more detailed and accurate information. An Immunocapture LC-MS analysis will thus expand your knowledge of the HCP-ELISA’s specificity and efficiency. It may also reduce the risk of project delays due to poorly documented HCP-ELISA.
This HCP coverage analysis includes:
- ELISA setup for optimal antibody-HCP binding.
- Immunocapture with ELISA polyclonal antibodies.
- Identification of both total HCPs and affinity purified HCPs by sensitive LC-MS/MS.
- Reporting of HCPs covered by antibodies and also a list of total HCPs in the mock lysate.
Send us a request so we can adjust the analysis to meet your specific needs.