We offer single protein identification of your 1D gel band or 2D gel spot with an efficient MALDI-MS analysis.
Our customers typically use this analysis for the following applications:
- Identify the single most abundant protein present in a 1D gel band or 2D gel spot
- Verification of correct protein expression
- Identification of unknown proteins
- Identification of degradation products
We search the obtained data against a public protein database from UniProt. This database contain amino acid sequences for more than 100 million proteins. We update the databases each month to contain all known proteins. Trough automation, the analysis have a throughput of more than 100 samples per day.
The service includes:
- Send the gel band/spot for analysis and we perform in-gel reduction/alkylation and trypsin digest.
- A run of MALDI MS and MS/MS analysis.
- This is followed by a MASCOT search in NCBI/UniProt protein database.
- Identification of single proteins for each sample.
- You receive the analysis report within 4-8 days.