Quantitative amino acid analysis can determine the:
- Concentration of a purified protein with known amino acid sequence
- Total protein amount in a complex sample with unknown proteins
- Accurate concentration on protein stock solution to calibrate other quantitative analyses, such as ELISA assays
Amino acid analysis is the golden standard analysis for accurate quantification of both proteins and peptides. The analysis process is quite simple: Hydrolysis of an accurate amount of sample and subsequently detection and quantification of individual amino acids. The analysis provides quantitative data for 18 out of 20 amino acids. However, degradation of tryptophan and cysteine occur during the hydrolysis.
Amino acid analysis services:
- Single or Triplicate analysis for very accurate protein or peptide concentration determination
- Comparison of results against your protein or peptide sequence
- Optional: Combining the amino acid assay with an Extinction Coefficient measurement at 280 nm
We analyze your samples with the newest technology and equipment in only few days. Results are provided in easy-to-understand reports, understandable by the non-expert.