NanoLC-MS/MS analysis is preferable for identification of proteins in a simple or complex mixture. The sample format can be in-solution or in-gel bands or spots from SDS PAGE.
The service include digestion using highly specific protease to generate peptides from the protein(s). To achieve the highest sensitivity, we separate peptides using nano-flow HPLC coupled to High Resolution mass spectrometer. As a result, thousands of peptides are identified by its mass and fragmentation pattern, and individual proteins are identified by searching these data against protein databases.
We search the data against the reviewed public Swiss-Prot database. We update the databases on a monthly basis to ensure access to the newest data.
The service includes:
- You provide us with gel band containing one or multiple proteins.
- We perform in-gel trypsin digest and then nanoLC-MS/MS peptide analysis.
- We then search the data against protein sequence database for protein identity.
- Identification of typically up to 10-40 proteins per sample.
- Finally, you receive the report within 4-8 working days.