NanoLC-MS/MS analysis is preferable for identification of multiple proteins in a complex mixture. The sample format can be in-solution or in-gel bands or spots from SDS PAGE.
The service include digestion using highly specific protease to generate peptides from the proteins. To achieve the highest sensitivity, we separate peptides using nano-flow HPLC coupled to High Resolution mass spectrometer. As a result, thousands of peptides are identified by its mass and fragmentation pattern, and individual proteins are identified by searching these data against protein databases.
We search the data against the public UniProt database. It contains the amino acid sequence of more than 100 million known proteins. We update the databases on a monthly basis to ensure access to all known proteins.
The service includes:
- You provide us with gel band containing multiple proteins.
- We perform in-gel trypsin digest and then nanoLC-MS/MS peptide analysis.
- We search the data against protein sequence database for protein identity.
- Identification of typically 10-40 proteins per sample.
- Finally, you receive the report within 4-8 working days.